Nutritional Counseling and Workshops
Dr. Alvey is certified both as a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner by the Nutritional Therapy Association. She is well trained to recognize nutritional weaknesses that may play a role in the inflammatory process and directs her patients in supporting the healing process with improving healthy lifestyle choices.
Dr. Alvey offers nutritional counseling and functional medicine testing, including:
- Food sensitivities? Ig G Delayed Food Allergy Testing will f ind food sensitivities that are contributing to your level of inflammation in your body.
- Fatigued and/or have "brain fog"? Saliva Cortisol Testing for Adrenal Fatigue / HPA Dysregulation takes a look at cortisol (also known as the stress hormone), and identifies if some symptoms like fatigue or brain fog are due to cortisol levels being too high or too low
- Gentle Liver Cleanse Program: The liver is responsible for over 500 actions in the body including processing inflammation to hormones. Dr. Alvey offers a very gentle liver cleanse to help your body function at its best.
- Want to know if you are getting enough nutrients? Micronutrient testing measures the function of 35 nutritional components including vitamins, antioxidants, minerals and amino acids within the white blood cells. Scientific evidence shows us that analyzing the white blood cells gives us the most accurate analysis of a body's deficiencies.
- G.I. Health Effects / Evaluating gut health
Dr Alvey can also provide specific recommendations on nutritional supplements. She carries only pharmaceutical grade supplement lines including Biotics Research and Standard Process.
Dr. Alvey schedules 1 hour nutrition workshops for 15 or fewer people to cover a wide range of basic nutritional information. At a cost of $10 per workshop, she teaches people why nutrition counseling is important, the affects of modern living on the body, the effects of inflammation and how to feel better. At the end, there is always time for questions and discussion. See News and Events on the Home page or our Facebook site for the current schedule.